Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Journal Update, Beg. 7.31.06

7.31.06, It is going to be a scorcher today! No sitting outside with coffee this morning. We started in "First Steps" in our bible study in the "New Believers" bible from Calvary Chapel that Tina gave me for Christmas. We sure do love it! we read on 2 sessions this morning. The first, 'How to Study the Bible' and the second - 'Pray'. It really opened my eyes and heart to prayer. I know what faith is now - it was like a light bulb clicking on inside of my head. Praise the Lord! All this time I wasn't realizing that God answers our prayers before we ever pray! We are to thank Him first and then pray. It gives me a feeling I cannot explain except for the joy that it brings me. And now I also know that the Holy Spirit will help me pray when I can't think of the right words to say. Amen! This is how I should pray if this time occurs: "Lord, here is my problem. It looms ever larger in my path, so I am putting it into Your hands. I am not going to worry, Lord. Instead, I am going to trust You. I am even going to thank You in advance for what You will do, because You know what You are doing." I love it! This prayer will help me to experience God's peace. When I learn to do this, then I will be ready to totally put others first, after God of course. Gunny and I got some stuff ready to go back to Clinton, IN. Gunny read on his book by K.P. for awhile and we called it an early night.
8.1.06, Even though I was up at 0430, I could not sleep, we left for Clinton at 0821. Right before we reached Shelbyville, IN the port side rear tire on the trailer went flat. We had the Lord with us and the tire change went smooth. We found a Discount Tire in Greenwood, but they won't have our spare until tomorrow. So we went to Hooter's for lunch and won a free lunch. Then we got a room at Travelodge and got 10% off our dinner at Denny's and also got a coupon for one free game of bowling! We figure as long as we take on this world step by step while listening to the Lord, we know He is leading us in the right direction because that is His choice. It was a pretty good day after all.
Bye for now.
http://tjmarshall.blogspot.com

No comments: