Thursday, September 21, 2006

My Journal, June 2006

I will be sharing my personal journal on a month by month basis. I hope you get some good insight from it as it is about my walk with Jesus. Like most people, we (my husband and I) have our morning coffee before bible study. The two combined just seems to start the day off great. Our current book we are using for bible study is the 'New Believer's Bible' that we got from my twin sister for Christmas of 2005. It is an awesome book and Calvary Chapel bookstores carry it or you can order it on-line at http://www.harvest.org/. Although we did not have bible study today, we did watch a really good movie on 'Praise the Lord' channel called, "Jacob". What a great movie. We had ordered 5 books by K.P. Yohannan and they are good books. His first book is called, 'Revolution in World Missions'. This book explains how he got started as a missionary and then started 'Gospel for Asia'. You can get more information on this at http://www.gfa.org/. He has some very profound books for new and continuing Christians. We were in Lynchburg, VA at the time and we always attend a Calvary Chapel wherever we go. (See my profile for more information on this). Met some nice people there and had lunch with them on Fathers' Day. On June 20 we finally watched "The Passion of the Christ". Although it was intense and there was too much violence, it was okay. There was some scripture left out and that was a letdown for us. We left Lynchburg on 6.23.06 and went back to Clinton, IN. We had gotten close to the Calvary Chapel group there last year and it was good to be back. We fellowshipped awhile and I checked out a book to read called, 'Improving Your Serve' by Chuck Swindoll. It has some study guides in it and I am really looking forward to getting started. Also, my husband and I both always read the bible or some christian news before bed. It really helps us get a good night sleep. I hope this is all not too boring. Stay tuned for July's journal news. God Bless!
http://tjmarshall.blogspot.com/

No comments: