Monday, September 25, 2006

My Journal, July 2006

As mentioned before, we have bible study almost every morning and we love it. We are still in Clinton, IN staying at Horseshoe Lakes Thousand Trails, Inc. resort and the park manager here is very nice. We have a campfire ring so he brought us some free firewood. We thought that was pretty cool since nothing is free anymore except the love of Jesus Christ. So of course that night we built a campfire and it was enjoyable. This was actually the parks Independence Day show and we could see the fireworks from our campsite. It was a good show. This particular Sunday after church services we had hot dogs and chips. Then everyone went to the park and Calvary Chapel played softball with the "House of Hope". This is an organization that has a program for alcoholics and drug addicts. They help the people stay off the bad stuff by teaching them about and filling their minds with Jesus rather than booze and drugs. It is a really neat place and is very successful at helping the people stay clean once they leave. It is very warm out these days as it is the middle of summer and it sure is humid in Indiana. :-) I started reading a book called, 'Falling in Love With Prayer', by Mike Macintosh. So far I really like it. We are continuing to help out at the church (Calvary Chapel) over the summer and we are excited about it. Also during this month, we went to Chicago twice to see my husbands youngest daughter. She is in the Navy and is now stationed in Rhode Island. We are very proud of her.
I noticed that my husband and I are learning more scripture everyday. Between our morning bible study and our own personal readings that we do, we are learning a lot. I try to pray unceasingly like the Apostle Paul says - I know God can hear me because we are so blessed and He always answers our prayers. I am very excited about walking with Jesus and am very hungry for the Word (the bible). The more we read, the more we learn and that brings great joy to my life. JOY stands for J=Jesus, O=others and Y=you. I love my Lord my God very much, yet I do fear Him. I don't want to do anything to upset Him. I praise Him for His glory and blessings. Just remember that there is always something to be thankful for. God Bless!
http://tjmarshall.blogspot.com/

No comments: